Project "As-of-yet-to-be-named"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Project "As-of-yet-to-be-named"

Post  plaidlotus on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:32 am

I've been working on a rpg-boardgame. (Think HeroQuest.) Except that mine features leveling along various skill paths and non-standard classes (such as a pirate.) Still working on game mechanics and musing over ideas, however i would be willing to speed it along if people seem to be interested in it.
plaidlotus

Back to top Go down

Re: Project "As-of-yet-to-be-named"

Post  StBeardy on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:18 am

Always interested in new games, but no need to rush it. Beta is more playable than Alpha anyway.

StBeardy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gantor on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:27 pm

I am interested. Could you tell us more about it?
Gantor

Back to top Go down

Post  plaidlotus on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:29 pm

--The game is to be played on a board, with miniatures. Currently 5 heroes have been planned.
--The Pirate, an offensive character with skills related to drinking and using his sidearm.
--The Shieldknight, a defensive character with skills related to her shield and ice or light magic (still in the works.)
--The Jester, an offensive/support character with skills related to illusion magic and acrobatics.
--The Alchemist, a support.ranged character with skills relating to elemental-magic concoctions and biological-chemical concoctions.
--And finally, the Enchanter, a support character with skills related to short-term runic enchantments and long-term gem enchantments.
--Gameplay follows advancement through a series of floors, with a break between floors. During the break all players are revived and healed, gain 1 level and the pirate's flask and gun are magically refilled. This is also the only time during gameplay that an alchemist can create potions and that the enchanter can set gems into armor or weapons. Hints will be left on every floor as to what monsters may be found on the next level. Many monsters will be resistant or immune to certain elements or poisons, making these hints invaluable for the alchemist and the enchanter.
--Combat is done using 6-sided dice. Standard to-hit is 4-6, standard to dodge is 1-2. Skills can improve this or provide special abilities, such as gaining additional attacks for each 6 rolled. Weapons normally deal 1 point of damage, but this can be modified with runes, potions or better weapons.
--I can post later with additional information. Any questions?
plaidlotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gantor on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:02 pm

I have found the following articles useful in the design of my own games. I strongly recommend them and hope that you get similar utility from their wisdom. Seriously, anyone who can wrap their head around these three articles can write a great RPG.

http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Andy/Games/DesignPrinciples.html

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/mm/89
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/mm/91

http://www.indie-rpgs.com/articles/1

Gantor

Back to top Go down

Post  plaidlotus on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:14 am

I very much enjoyed these links. My game has taken quite a few turns and twists as of late, but it seems to be coming together nicely.
plaidlotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top